Echo & Alexa Forums

Connect echo dot to bose wave radio

valecannon

Connect echo dot to bose wave radio
« on: January 03, 2017, 10:31:13 pm »
I am a technical novice so please forgive me if my questions seem obvious to you.  I purchased a echo dot and want to connect it to my bose wave III. I purchased a cable and one end plugged into the headphone jack on the echo and the other two plugs to go into the aux in and headphone jack of the wave.  One plug is red and the other is white. I tried various combination of plugging these into the aux in and headphone jacks but I get no sound out of the bose.  When I unplug the dot, the sound is fine.  Do I have the correct cable? I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

DParker

Re: Connect echo dot to bose wave radio
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 10:54:39 pm »
I purchased a cable and one end plugged into the headphone jack on the echo and the other two plugs to go into the aux in and headphone jack of the wave.  One plug is red and the other is white. I tried various combination of plugging these into the aux in and headphone jacks but I get no sound out of the bose.

You have the wrong cable.  You need one with a single 3.5mm male plug on each end, like this one:

One goes into the jack on your Dot and the other goes into thr "Aux In" on your Bose Wave III.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:56:20 pm by DParker »

mike27oct

Re: Connect echo dot to bose wave radio
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 11:03:10 pm »
I just answered you question in another post:  http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,564.0.html

As a reminder, you do not need to make additional posts of the same question.

The cable above is the correct one, unless if the Bose requires a L and R audio input you need one end like the cable shown (for Dot) and the other end with a red and white RCA audio jacks.