Echo & Alexa Forums

wifi bulbs

rimmer1984

wifi bulbs
« on: January 03, 2017, 08:41:44 pm »
how does a wifi bulb connect to echo.

for example there are various bulbs ie philips hue and to link which claim to work with alexa. and there are many cheaper wifi bulbs on the market. and from China. will these bulbs connect in the same way or will they not?

DParker

Re: wifi bulbs
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 09:17:46 pm »

for example there are various bulbs ie philips hue and to link which claim to work with alexa. and there are many cheaper wifi bulbs on the market. and from China. will these bulbs connect in the same way or will they not?

I've posted numerous times on this subject.  Here's my most recent one:

http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,1308.msg7716.html#msg7716

Offline jwlv

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 09:44:16 pm »
There are dozens of brands of connected light bulbs. Many of them work with Alexa but just as many do not. The ones that do not work with Alexa can only be controlled by its accompanying app and nothing else.
But if you want to be absolutely sure that they work with Alexa, you must look for the words "works with Alexa" in its product description.

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 04:16:13 am »
There are dozens of brands of connected light bulbs. Many of them work with Alexa but just as many do not. The ones that do not work with Alexa can only be controlled by its accompanying app and nothing else.
But if you want to be absolutely sure that they work with Alexa, you must look for the words "works with Alexa" in its product description.

just to add, since not all retail sites will say whether or not the bulb will work with alexa, you can go to amazon, search for the bulb and find that info there. 

rimmer1984

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 07:42:32 am »

I've posted numerous times on this subject.  Here's my most recent one:

http://www.echotalk.org/index.php/topic,1308.msg7716.html#msg7716

nailed it there. saved your reply on my phone :-)