Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

NAS music streaming

NAS music streaming
« on: January 02, 2017, 06:42:27 am »
Been posts on here before indicating you cannot stream your own music eg from a NAS. There is a new skill however, called House Band, that will connect to a jriver media server.
It's frustrating as UK Echo doesn't seem to recognize this skill yet. Anyone know how this can be achieved? I have mailed Amazon about it.
I am also wondering if Echo could connect to Twonky Media, or even iTunes, as I already have those services set up on the NAS (Its a QNAP device by the way).

Also, and off topic, I see there is some reference to Raspberry Pi. I use one of thos as a media centre too. How can that connect to Echo and what could that do for me?

Thanks

Adrian  8)

Re: NAS music streaming
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 04:42:29 pm »
The way I easily stream music from my NAS to Alexa devices is to stream to a mobile device (phone or tablet) and send the music to Alexa via bluetooth.  But, I do not do it often since I can stream music from my NAS to other, better sounding devices.  It is most useful for me if I can stream it to Amazon Tap, a portable Alexa for when I am near, but not inside the house.