Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

I Would Like to Replace the Black Cable w/ a White One

DParker

Re: I Would Like to Replace the Black Cable w/ a White One
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2017, 03:16:27 pm »
Thank you for that DParker :)  Here is the 3-pack of usb cables I bought. 
It includes:
2 x 3 ft/0.9 m Micro USB Cable (Hoping to be able to use the 3ft)
1 x 6 ft/1.8 m Micro USB Cable
Am I good to go?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I569L6Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Those cables are designed to handle up to 2.4 amps, so you should be A-OK.

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2017, 06:30:52 pm »
I just went to the local walmart and got the white cable.  the color of the adapter did not matter since it was hidden behind furniture. 

mike27oct

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2017, 10:24:27 pm »
BTW, and there is nothing wrong with Amazon Basic cables, either, so don't shy away from them because of idiotic reviews!  Amazon is not going to sell crappy cables with their name on them; they are not that stupid.  Most of these cables are made in the same one or two China factories anyway; including Walmart's..

malliekm

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2017, 10:48:37 pm »
That's better!  The white charger/adapter and usb cable came today.  Dot hasn't had a melt down yet  ;)  She looks so much nicer with her white accessories  ;D  If I ever move her to the armoire the only thing that will show is a few inches if the cable but for now, I HAD to get rid of the ugly black accessories. 

mike27oct

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2017, 01:34:22 pm »
Another satisfied Amazon customer!  Enjoy.

DParker

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2017, 01:50:09 pm »
That's better!  The white charger/adapter and usb cable came today.  Dot hasn't had a melt down yet  ;)

You're lucky to be alive!   :o

;)

Nice chair.

Valis

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2017, 01:57:13 pm »
I have been using the same Anker charger - in black - shown in the OP's image for several weeks now to power one of my Dots.

There has been no issue arising at all. In fact, another Dot fed using the original power supply has been more problematic.

I did this because I needed to run Dot and occasionally charge a BT speaker and phone in the same spot.

I suspect that any quality USB charger/feed will cope with the varying demands imposed upon it.

If the Dot required a narrow specification feed they would not have powered it via USB.