Echo & Alexa Forums

Bluetooth PC connected to Echo Dot, echo dot connected to bluetooth speakers.

SeanHub

Hello echotalk, I'm here to talk about a problem I'm facing (Just got my hands on the echo!)

Okay, so the title is pretty confusing, right? Here what I am trying to do.
I want my Computer audio to be played through my Bluetooth speakers, this is all and well easily done, i just simply pair my Bluetooth adapter on my PC to my Bluetooth speakers and voila! HOWEVER, not i have my echo, i want my computer to interact with my echo, in the sense that I would like to tell echo to play my Spotify music to my Bluetooth speakers, whilst still connecting my computer to my Bluetooth speakers. I want to be able to tell Alexa to set volume to * and she does that, but she doesn't.

The issue i am facing is that when i have the echo connected to my Bluetooth and I'm using the Echo dot's Spotify, when i go to play a youtube video through my speakers, i have to disconnect the Bluetooth of Echo dot!

Is there anyway I can just simply make all my computer audio go through Echo dot and then the echo dot simply output it to my speakers?

I've tried Bluetooth, I've tried plugging my echo dot into my computer via AUX lead, ive also tried a headphone splitter that plugs into the echo, one wire going into my speakers (cut off Bluetooth) and one wire going into computer (cut off Bluetooth) but the sound quality goes seriously muffled and unbearable.

Thankyou!

EDIT:

Okay, so i simply removed the bluetooth from my speakers and plugged the aux lead into the echo dot, this allows the computer to connect to the echo dot, and still play music through the speakers!!! HOWEVER, when i say "Alexa, play Chilllstep play from spotify" It disconnects the bluetooth between my computer and the echodot and plays its spotify.
This means im still facing an issue that when i want to listen to say a youtube video on my computer instead of spotify on echodot, i have to reconnect the bluetooth between the Echodot and my Computer???

Just playing spotify through my computer and saying "Alexa, next song" or play, or pause works fine. But when i ask to play a specific playlist or song it then connects to echodots spotify -.-. I simply think im just going to have to stick to saying next song or play/pause and control the music through my computer manually instead of asking alexa to play the music for me.

Help please.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 12:05:34 pm by SeanHub »

mike27oct

Sounds like it is working normally to me, i.e. Dots. etc can only handle one input at a time and only play to one device at a time. etc.

SuperSam64

Sounds like it is working normally to me, i.e. Dots. etc can only handle one input at a time and only play to one device at a time. etc.

I don't think that's the question. OP doesn't want two different inputs or to play to two devices at the same time. They want one input and one output. This would only play to one device at a time. The point is that the Echo would serve ass a pass through, and thus enable voice controls of said device. This seems more feasible than trying to play to two audio devices.

For example, on a smartphone (using a version of Bluetooth prior to Bluetooth 5) you can only play to one audio device at a time, but you can be connected to more than one simultaneously (smartwatch, speaker, etc.). If the same is true for the Echo, then it is possible that it can be connected to the computer while playing audio to the Bluetooth speaker. This still may be something that isn't possible, but understanding the goal may help determine what can and can't be done.