Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Dimmer Does Only On/Off

Dimmer Does Only On/Off
« on: July 18, 2015, 01:51:04 am »
I'm using a Wink hub with Echo, which has worked very well up to this point. I've had a GE smart light bulb working flawlessly. Today I added a Lutron ("Caseta") wireless dimmer. The dimmer box works and the associated "pico" remote works, too. But Echo thinks it's controlling an on/off switch rather than a dimmer. So Echo responds to turn on/off commands. But it responds to dim commands by (wrongly) griping that the device doesn't support that operation.

Inside the Wink hub mobile app the device shows as "Lutron: Caseta Wireless Dimmer & Pico." So I have to think the device is properly configured and that I'm dealing with a bug somewhere in the Echo or Wink code. Any ideas what/how to update? Or any possible configuration changes/tips?

Thanks so very muchly!

Cheers,

Re: Dimmer Does Only On/Off
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 06:46:36 pm »
As things are the moment, the dimming commands are only available for use with the Phillips Hue bridge.

No word yet as to when/if it will be enabled for the Wink Hub.

Be sure to let Amazon know that you want this feature!