Echo & Alexa Forums

Support for Alexa/Raspberry Pi?

rkhanso

Support for Alexa/Raspberry Pi?
« on: December 30, 2016, 09:33:47 am »
I received a Raspberry Pi 3 for Christmas and was hoping to use it to make an Alexa equivalent based on the instructions here - https://github.com/alexa/alexa-avs-sample-app/wiki/Raspberry-Pi

I've run into some problems and am hoping to get some help or advice. Is this the place for help for the Raspi Alexa? I didn't find any forums for Alexa help at the Github website that has the info for the Raspberry Pi Alexa.

The Plantronics USB headset I'm using with the Raspberry Pi has audio from the microphone heard over the headset speakers for only about 10 seconds when it's first plugged into the Raspberry Pi. I can hear myself in the speaker when talking into the microphone for those 10 seconds, then it's like the headset dies.... all audio in and out stops.

If I run the alsamixer, the Raspberry Pi still recognizes the Plantronics headset, but there is no sound in or out of it anymore.

I'm not sure what to do to get this to work. Do I need a separate USB sound card for the Raspberry Pi instead of the Plantronics headset? Something else?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 09:58:55 am by rkhanso »

rkhanso

Re: Support for Alexa/Raspberry Pi?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 06:47:50 pm »
I did get it working. Didn't do anything different - it just started working after multiple tries.