Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

Substituting Radioplayer for TuneIn

Substituting Radioplayer for TuneIn
« on: December 30, 2016, 08:52:29 am »
I'd set up TuneIn for Radio before realising that Radioplayer is the equivalent of BBC Radio iPlayer, which I use a lot, plus UK Commercial stations. Using TuneIn it kept selecting US stations in error.

I've now set up Radioplayer as a skill but I can't see how to remove TuneIn, which Alexa continues to use as the default.

Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Re: Substituting Radioplayer for TuneIn
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 02:25:40 pm »
There isn't currently any way of doing this.
However, I did discover that you can actually say  "Alexa, play <name of station> in Radioplayer" which I found a bit less of a mouthful than "Alexa, ask Radioplayer to play <name of station>".

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 04:54:49 pm »
Thanks StevenR.

I've been trying "Alexa, play <name of station> in Radioplayer" without success - it just delivers a US station, however I've just used your suggested alternative: Alexa, ask Radioplayer to play <name of station>". and this does work :)

Looks like I need to ask Amazon if they would disable Tunein.

Re: Substituting Radioplayer for TuneIn - Response from Amazon
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2017, 05:09:11 am »
Very quick reply from Amazon :)

Lots of works, but basically 'Concern noted and they'll forward it to the development team for prioritisation'. However Tunein is a Core product.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 04:24:54 pm »
Contacted Radioplayer: They say they do read reviews and offered some suggestions as to how I might get it to work better.