Echo & Alexa Forums

echo always offline in the app but corretly connect to wifi

lud

echo always offline in the app but corretly connect to wifi
« on: December 27, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »
Hi all,
Today i have started installation of echo received from US, I'm based in Italy.
I have install app on iphone from us store but echo is not recognize for set up.
Only way is pc with explorer and connect to alexa.amazon.com.
I have set up wifi on echo but after that is not more possible to connect  to echo, only few time with Pc I can connect to echo on alexa.amazon.com otherwise con on alexa.amazon.co.uk and echo is always offline.
From app is always offline ( but from setting inside app there is alexa.amazon.co.uk and is not possible change it)
I have reset echo several time but without success.

Thanks for any help
Luigi

al2teach

Re: echo always offline in the app but corretly connect to wifi
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 10:43:00 pm »
Hi all,
Today i have started installation of echo received from US, I'm based in Italy.
I have install app on iphone from us store but echo is not recognize for set up.
Only way is pc with explorer and connect to alexa.amazon.com.
I have set up wifi on echo but after that is not more possible to connect  to echo, only few time with Pc I can connect to echo on alexa.amazon.com otherwise con on alexa.amazon.co.uk and echo is always offline.
From app is always offline ( but from setting inside app there is alexa.amazon.co.uk and is not possible change it)
I have reset echo several time but without success.

Thanks for any help
Luigi

I feel your pain because I posted a similar question months ago.
Dot is on wifi and skills work. I use the app or web page for less than a minute and I get, dot is offline and to make sure it's plugged in??????? Yet, the skills still work. Totally confused also.