Echo & Alexa Forums

Screensaver for Alexa cards on firetv box

Harrybauer

Screensaver for Alexa cards on firetv box
« on: December 28, 2016, 03:01:21 pm »
When I ask Alexa to play a Pandora radio station, for example. The card is displayed but I cannot figure out how to launch a screensaver to protect my plasma tv. Is this available?  If not, it needs to be.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:07:51 pm by Harrybauer »

DParker

Re: Screensaver for Alexa cards on firetv box
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 03:12:19 pm »
When I ask Alexa to play a Pandora radio station, for example. The card is displayed but I cannot figure out how to launch a screensaver to protect my plasma tv. Is this available?  If not, it needs to be.
Thanks!

It sounds like you're omitting some important information here...like what your plasma TV has to do with Alexa app card displays.  Are you mirroring your mobile device display to your TV while leaving the Alexa app running...or something similar?

Harrybauer

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 03:16:45 pm »
The fire tv box or stick with the voice remote allows access to the Alexa app. The result is displayed on your tv as well as the companion app on your phone or tablet

DParker

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2016, 04:29:02 pm »
The fire tv box or stick with the voice remote allows access to the Alexa app. The result is displayed on your tv as well as the companion app on your phone or tablet

Ah, my bad.  I somehow missed the word "firetv" in your subject line.  So then this sounds like a general Fire TV issue, not an actual Alexa issue.  Do you not have a screen saver configured for your Fire TV?  Or are you saying that the Alexa app is somehow preventing it from activating?

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2016, 11:30:24 pm »
Check the Fire TV Settings menu for when the screensaver will turn on (minimum time is five minutes  (And, yes, this has nothing at all to do with Alexa or Echos.  What you see are Fire TV icons.)