Echo & Alexa Forums

Smart TV as additional speaker (UK)

wwalshyy

Smart TV as additional speaker (UK)
« on: December 27, 2016, 08:45:00 pm »
(Copied from Gadgets thread as im based in UK)
Hey Guys,
New to Echo and new to the forum, apologies straight up if this has been covered, I have looked and cant see the answer in any other post.
Having bought an echo for my parents for Christmas, i was so impressed during set up that Ive bought one for myself, along with a host of accompanying gadgets included a dot, a firestick, a phillips hue starter kit and 2 bose touch 10 speakers, hoping to spread the Alexa loveliness around my home.
I am having a New Years eve party and want to have the playlists ive made heard throughout the house.
My question is, by hooking my echo up to my smart TV & Firestick, will i be able to use this TV purely as an additional spear for the music playing from my echo (using my free 1month amazon unlimited account for now).
This would create a multi-room setup with music being sent to to the following rooms:

Room 1
- Echo
- Bose Touch 10 Bluetooth Speaker

Room 2
- Dot
- Bose Touch 10 Bluetooth Speaker

Room 3
- Samsung Smart TV

As you can see, it would be a huge benefit to be able to use the TV as an additional speaker, gaining an extra room in which music will be heard. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

Offline jwlv

Re: Smart TV as additional speaker (UK)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 12:34:38 am »
The Fire TV Stick does have Alexa built-in (if you got the version with the voice remote).
It's not an Echo but the Alexa is pretty much the same, with some exceptions. So as long as you have your Fire TV working on your TV, all you gotta do is press the Mic button on the remote and say something like, "Play holiday music"

wwalshyy

Re: Smart TV as additional speaker (UK)
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 06:35:21 am »
Thank you for this,
I would want this same music to be played through my echo and my wireless speakers, all playing the same music, is this possible?