Echo & Alexa Forums

Smart TV as additional speaker

wwalshyy

Smart TV as additional speaker
« on: December 27, 2016, 08:40:11 pm »
Hey Guys,
New to Echo and new to the forum, apologies straight up if this has been covered, I have looked and cant see the answer in any other post.
Having bought an echo for my parents for Christmas, i was so impressed during set up that Ive bought one for myself, along with a host of accompanying gadgets included a dot, a firestick, a phillips hue starter kit and 2 bose touch 10 speakers, hoping to spread the Alexa loveliness around my home.
I am having a New Years eve party and want to have the playlists ive made heard throughout the house.
My question is, by hooking my echo up to my smart TV & Firestick, will i be able to use this TV purely as an additional speaker for the music playing from my echo (using my free 1month amazon unlimited account for now).
This would create a multi-room setup with music being sent to to the following rooms:

Room 1
- Echo
- Bose Touch 10 Bluetooth Speaker

Room 2
- Dot
- Bose Touch 10 Bluetooth Speaker

Room 3
- Samsung Smart TV

As you can see, it would be a huge benefit to be able to use the TV as an additional speaker, gaining an extra room in which music will be heard. Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks

« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 08:46:02 pm by wwalshyy »

mike27oct

Re: Smart TV as additional speaker
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 03:34:28 am »
Your Fire stick can play Amazon music, playlists etc.  Check out the Music tab on the main left-side menu.  You can also control the Fire stick via voice, even an older stick if you install the Amazon Fire TV app on a mobile device.