Echo & Alexa Forums

court order for amazon echo logs

strayfish

Re: court order for amazon echo logs
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2016, 02:35:03 pm »
>>>  If 'most of us know that' I'd assume that includes lawyers.

No, it doesn't, it only includes "us". i.e. most members of this forum.

So what you mean is that the small percentage of the population that visits this site 'knows' but the rest don't. That would make lawyers no different from the majority then, or the police for that matter. But we'll all learn in due course, and this case could establish what is and isn't possible, at least as far as the Echo's capabilities stretch now. I think that's fascinating.

mike27oct

« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2016, 06:05:30 pm »
Strayfish, you are being a bit anal and argumentative.  If you will look back a few posts, I said this in a reply to Alpha Bitch (who stated the obvious) to those who had been at this forum a while) and renegade also responded to her comment. too. 

Get back on track and be helpful.

strayfish

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2016, 06:13:02 pm »
Mike, I'm not sure it's me that's being anal and argumentative. You'll see that my post extended the discussion to include possibilities associated with legal evaluation of Echo's capabilities and that I see this as an exciting opportunity. Maybe you don't, that's maybe how we differ.

mike27oct

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 06:27:23 pm »
Let's just agree to disagree, and drop the whole thing.  I really don't find this very important anyway other than as a curiosity and another example of "ambulance-chasing lawyers doing their "thing"..

DParker

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2016, 08:36:40 pm »
"ambulance-chasing lawyers doing their "thing"..

Except that it has absolutely nothing at all to do with ambulance-chasing lawyers.  It has to do with a police department...and therefor the state...trying to compell a large company to surrender information about a customer.

mike27oct

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 10:27:50 pm »
It has to do with both; cops and the lawyers.  No matter; it sucks, I believe we will agree.

DParker

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2016, 11:12:31 pm »
It has to do with both; cops and the lawyers.

LOL.  No, it doesn't.