Echo & Alexa Forums

Multiple Amazon accounts/one echo system...

rustywriter

Multiple Amazon accounts/one echo system...
« on: December 26, 2016, 02:54:30 pm »
Hi,

My mother has an echo and her own Amazon Account and she is moving in with us. We have Echo devices around our house and our account associated with these. We want all Echo devices to work with all of us and I see something about adding a family member and switching between the accounts. Is this what we need to do? Will mom still have her own shopping list and we have ours? Will we be able to share audio and Kindle books? Will placing a code on purchasing keep this separated? Is anything lost? Does anything become 'shared'? Will we still have our own separate accounts and be able to switch between them?

Thank you so much for any help.

Confused,
Rusty

mike27oct

Re: Multiple Amazon accounts/one echo system...
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 06:58:41 pm »
I would solve this by everyone keeping their own accounts so personal stuff like shopping lists stay separate.  Although all devices will be separate they will now use a single home network.  Not a problem.  Mom should keep her Echo somewhere most convenient for her, and having the same wake word as your devices will likely not be a problem if it is far enough away from all your devices, but if it is, Mom's wake word should be unique and different than any of your wake words.

As far as sharing stuff, that is a question to pose to Echo support.

stusviews

Re: Multiple Amazon accounts/one echo system...
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 09:18:21 pm »
I responded with solutions on the other forum you posted on, http://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/20731-multiple-amazon-accounts-one-echo/?hl=echo