Echo & Alexa Forums

What did you buy during Prime Day?

Offline jwlv

What did you buy during Prime Day?
« on: July 15, 2015, 03:34:07 am »
Well, it's only 1/2 hour since Prime Day started. And I've already spent ~ $124.

So far, I got the Fire HD 7" tablet $79 and a pack of three $15 Amazon gift cards (there's a $10 credit that will be applied to my account later)

Now I want to know, what did you all get today???

Offline jwlv

Re: What did you buy during Prime Day?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2015, 06:49:03 am »
It's now almost the 4th hour of Prime Day. Besides a couple of a good deals, the hundreds of other stuff is just average. For example, I was looking the Taotronics Eye-care LED desk lamp for $29.99 a few days ago. The price remained the same for a few days until today and is now $59.99.  One of today's Prime Day deals was for almost the exact same thing, except it's a rebranded Aukey Eye-care LED desk lamp and the price is $42.99.

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:16:08 am »
I hope you took advantage of the $20 off of $100+ for using the Amazon Rewards Visa  offer.
See this:
And, if you use your Amazon Rewards Visa, you get back $20 on a $100+ purchase. I could spend that with my eyes closed.

For a limited time, get $20 off with $100 or more in Amazon.com purchases with your Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card.

Here's how:
1. Add qualifying Amazon.com items totaling $100 or more to your cart.
2. Select your Amazon.com Rewards Visa card as your payment method at checkout.
3. Enter promo code PRI20ARC in the "Gift Cards & Promotional Codes" box. You will then see "Promotion Applied" in your Order Summary.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 03:21:12 am »
If you were keeping score, Amazon's stock price is down $4.38 at the end of the day.
Amazon claims that Prime Day sales have exceeded Black Friday sales in 2014.

Everywhere you turn, blogs, Facebook, Twitter, and other social media, people are saying Prime Day was a bust. I got a few things myself during Prime Day, but it's nothing to write home about.

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 07:57:48 am »
I bought $1500. Clothes, shoes, some outdoor things. There's 5 people in my family. It adds up. I figure whatever I don't like, I'll return.