Echo & Alexa User Discussions and Support Forums

When a person is not breathing, permanent brain damage begins after 4 minutes and death in 6 minutes after that. Can you count on help arriving before that time? Learning proper CPR techniques is easy and you can learn it in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.

No feeds to display in flash briefing

No feeds to display in flash briefing
« on: December 24, 2016, 06:55:23 pm »
I am trying to configure the flash briefing. When I go to the flash briefing in the app or via the web it says "No feeds to display". I clicked on "Get more flash briefing content" and added a few sources but still nothing displays under On or Off in the app. When I go to the source I added in the echo store and click "Manage in flash briefing" it still doesn't show up. Am I doing something wrong? Why won't the briefing work? Thanks!

Re: No feeds to display in flash briefing
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 10:36:36 am »
Me too, any help out there? I'm using my Echo Dot in France, would that make any difference? (not being able to get local weather or time is a massive pain!!)

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 10:58:57 am »
Sorry if this is a daft question but do you also get nothing if you ask for your flash briefing or is it just the feeds that aren't displayed?

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2016, 01:31:12 pm »
It didn't work earlier, Alexa just told me to go and set some feeds up. However since I've enabled the BBC one, If I ask for the news I now get it so I guess that's OK, but when I click the Manage in Flash Briefing button on the BBC skills page I get taken to the feeds page which displays nothing.

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 01:49:28 pm »
Sorry if this is a daft question but do you also get nothing if you ask for your flash briefing or is it just the feeds that aren't displayed?
The briefing plays but I have no way to manage what it says as none of the feeds show up in the manage feeds area.

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 02:05:10 pm »
Using my PC, I can find my sources via settings -> account -> flash briefing - is that what you mean? There's about 15 sources listed and I have 5 enabled. I can't be sure but I think they play in the order I activated them so if that's true, maybe deactivating them all and starting again with your preferred order might make a difference. I don't know why sources don't show up though  :(

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2016, 06:49:26 pm »
Here are some screenshots that might help.

This is what I see when I navigate to the CNET briefing that I added:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzf6C05Kfv-LYTlXSlhwY2pzM1E

Yet this is what I see when I click on "Manage in Flash Briefing" on the CNET app above OR navigate to Settings -> Flash Briefing:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzf6C05Kfv-LbWNjN19oUkY2NnM
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:55:33 pm by jaydee »

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2016, 03:19:03 am »
Here are some screenshots that might help.

This is what I see when I navigate to the CNET briefing that I added:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzf6C05Kfv-LYTlXSlhwY2pzM1E

Yet this is what I see when I click on "Manage in Flash Briefing" on the CNET app above OR navigate to Settings -> Flash Briefing:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzf6C05Kfv-LbWNjN19oUkY2NnM

This is exactly the same for me

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2016, 04:47:32 am »
Have you done the 'unplug and leave for at least 5 minutes' thing? From what I've gathered here, it's like a reboot so you don't lose anything. Same with uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Might be worth a try.

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2016, 10:42:42 am »
Have you done the 'unplug and leave for at least 5 minutes' thing? From what I've gathered here, it's like a reboot so you don't lose anything. Same with uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Might be worth a try.

Tried it, not worked. I guess a full reset is in order (how do I even do that?)

« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2016, 11:07:19 am »

Tried it, not worked. I guess a full reset is in order (how do I even do that?)

I'd get onto Amazon's helpline now, see what they come up with. Is everything else working ok?

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2016, 02:27:51 pm »
Yeah, everything else seems fine, just this. I'll let you know what happens.

Knowing Amazon, I bet it'll be next year before they get back to me ;)

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2016, 06:07:24 pm »
Ha, yes indeed! In the meantime, ask it to sing Auld Lang Syne :)