Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Using Prime Music on another Echo

Offline xFlip

Using Prime Music on another Echo
« on: December 20, 2016, 03:39:40 pm »
I subscribe to Amazon Prime and this lets me stream music through my Echo although I don't have Amazon Music Unlimited.

I want to buy an Echo for a friend who lives in another town.  Could she use my Amazon Prime Music account to stream music?

I don't mind letting her have my Amazon password.

mike27oct

Re: Using Prime Music on another Echo
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 05:02:46 pm »
Yes, BUT she would have access to your complete Amazon account and her Alexa app would mimic yours, so if she set an alarm, or did anything on the Alexa app it most likely could affect your Echo, although, say your name is xFlip, it appears in the Alexa app as xFlip's Echo, and a second Echo registered in your name would appear as xFlip's 2nd Echo and both of you would need to pay attention to the Echo you are programming or adjusting.  A hassle fraught with issues, and for this and other reasons, I would not do this.

Offline xFlip

Re: Using Prime Music on another Echo
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 06:07:52 pm »
Yes, BUT she would have access to your complete Amazon account and her Alexa app would mimic yours, so if she set an alarm, or did anything on the Alexa app it most likely could affect your Echo, although, say your name is xFlip, it appears in the Alexa app as xFlip's Echo, and a second Echo registered in your name would appear as xFlip's 2nd Echo and both of you would need to pay attention to the Echo you are programming or adjusting.  A hassle fraught with issues, and for this and other reasons, I would not do this.

Wow, that's quite a big drawback.  I was hoping that she could just share my Amazon Prime Music service but not share all my user settings!

Thank you very much for your reply.