Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Long hesitations between Dot and Harmony hub remote

Smaggy

Long hesitations between Dot and Harmony hub remote
« on: December 18, 2016, 06:41:52 pm »
A friend of mine got two Dots (one for the living room and one for his bedroom).

He linked his Harmony hub with the living room Dot and created some basic commands.

A lot of times, he would issue a command, the Dot would respond instantly, but nothing would happen. About 4 minutes later, the command would happen and the TV would respond.

We don't think it has to do with the hub, since the app would work flawlessly. I'm wondering if it might have something to do with any limitations with the wifi router (which is literally 4 feet away).

iolinux333

Re: Long hesitations between Dot and Harmony hub remote
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 08:49:16 am »
Are they connected with IFTT?

I'm using Echo to control my Hue bulbs, and while Echo direct control (which is very limited) is within 2-3 seconds, IFTT routing can take a minute or more sometimes.

I think IFTT stuff goes through some faraway server somewhere that's getting slammed.

Smaggy

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 07:41:28 am »
I don't think he is, but I will check this week, thanks!

Offline kevb

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 09:27:26 am »
I've had this happen, but I'm not using the direct Harmony skill. I unplugged the Harmony Hub, then plugged it back in and all was fine. It may also help to have the router reserve IP addresses for both the Hub and the Echo.