Echo & Alexa Forums

3 echo plus spotify family plan

oldgitst

3 echo plus spotify family plan
« on: December 15, 2016, 04:37:45 am »
Hi all, great forum.

So probably like many people I'm in the not too sure the best way to setup my system....
I'm basically looking for THE BEST and most economical way of achieving the following:-

husband / wife sharing one echoe
daughter 1 - echo in her bedroom
daughter 2 - echo in her bedroom

SO I basically want EACH echo to be able to stream different music content at the same time.

I believe one option would be:-
open 3 x amazon accounts
purchase Spotify family OR Amazon music unlimited family package
daughter ones music service user a/c linked to 1st amazon a/c
daughter two music service user a/c linked to 2nd amazon a/c
me and the wife on the third..... (albeit we would have to share OR can household members have there own Spotify identity on one amazon a/c)

IS there an easier and simpler way to achieve this ???

Am I able to run these all on one amazon a/c and then my daughters all have the app and can link there Spotify identities to the echoe so the can stream music from Spotify individually (basically each echoe playing different STREAMED content... ??)

Would most people recommend Spotify over Amazon music unlimited ?? I am leaning towards Spotify as its an open platform....

Please help as it seems there isn't a lot of info on this that makes sense lol

thanks for any replies, its rearly appreciated
cherers
og

oldgitst

Re: 3 echo plus spotify family plan
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 05:58:05 pm »
Lol no replies, thought a lot would have bought them for this reason ... obviously not  :-\

SimpleSimon

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 07:42:02 am »
Lol no replies, thought a lot would have bought them for this reason ... obviously not  :-\

I've got the same issue more or less and haven't come up with a solution I'm afraid. You would think that Amazon would let you add a family spotify account and thus allow up to six users on at once (or simply allow you add multiple spotify accounts to the same echo/dot) but they don't appear to.

There does seem to be something in the Alexa app which I haven't tried yet that says in the spotify settings "to listen to another account ask Alexa to Spotify Connect. Both devices must be on the same wi-fi network" - I've not tried this.

StevenR

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 01:16:18 pm »
There does seem to be something in the Alexa app which I haven't tried yet that says in the spotify settings "to listen to another account ask Alexa to Spotify Connect. Both devices must be on the same wi-fi network" - I've not tried this.

What that means is that if you say "Alexa, Spotify Connect" you can then use the Spotify app on another device (logged on with the Spotify account you want to play from) and the particular Echo/Echo Dot will show up as a Spotify Connect option in the app so you can play it on that Echo/Echo Dot.

jcameron

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 02:48:30 pm »
oldgitst - Did you find a solution to your problem?
We have the same situation, except we already have the family spotify account, but can't figure out how to link each family member's account to their echo.