Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon and USPS: Problems!

mike27oct

Amazon and USPS: Problems!
« on: December 08, 2016, 09:06:06 pm »
I have had it with the USPS delivering Amazon products; like the old Everly Bros. song says, it's "Problems, problems, problems"!  A few months ago when I asked our mail carrier why is the mail so late these days she replied, "The post office recently got the contract to deliver a lot of the Amazon mail and we are overloaded; we need more carriers, etc:  It appears it is true.

This thread is started to document the USPS problems, as I believe I am not alone.  Once we get plenty of replies to this I will invite Amazon Customer Service to take a look at this thread.  The goal is to take the Amazon business away from the inept USPS!

I will start by describing my latest adventure with a shipment fiasco this week.

I ordered a small item (a SanDisk wireless flash drive for a gift)  Last night I got an email from Amazon which said, "Sorry we missed you. We tried, but we weren't able to deliver your package today.
You can reschedule the delivery by visiting USPS Redelivery . . ."

This online request form (like many government forms) was not intuitive, and I was having issues completing it.  So, last night I just picked up the phone, called Amazon customer service, told them my plight, and in a short while another wireless drive was on it's way to me via overnight mail by Ontrac.  It arrived sometime today around 1pm at my door.

Meanwhile last night, I finally managed to figure out how to fill in and submit the online USPS re-delivery request form.  Since the little package would fit in my mailbox slot (and should have been put in it to begin with) i asked not to deliver it to my door, but fit it my box, or in the large parcel box below, if necessary.  It arrived in my box around 4pm. 

But, get this: this is what is clearly printed on the shipping label:  CARRIER LEAVE IF NO RESPONSE
Maybe the carrier though HE was supposed to leave if there was no response!  NOT!

Good grief, there was not even a "peach colored slip" to announce non-delivery on my front door, so if Amazon had not emailed me last night I would still be waiting for this small package to be delivered by USPS. Have I mentioned that the USPS is inept?

I just got off the phone with Amazon requesting a return label so I can send one of the flash drives back.  This experience cost Amazon extra money, thanks to the USPS!

BTW, the wireless flash drive is cool and handy.  I have one I can watch movies on my iPad when on an airplane and listen to my music on phone when riding the bus!
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZCFYF2W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Who wants to be next to add their Amazon/USPS adventure to the list?

Offline jwlv

Re: Amazon and USPS: Problems!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 11:15:13 pm »
What you described is not unusual. USPS is always late. Ontrac's record is not good either, in my opinion.
For what it's worth, the lesser of the evils are Fedex and UPS. Their record isn't spotless, and just this week I've had two UPS packages that were supposed to be delivered last Thursday and they came late the following Tuesday. But at least I get notifications of exactly when it is expected, and it is fairly accurate. The UPS app is quite useful for that. Fedex has something similar. With USPS and Ontrac, their delivery notifications are often wrong. Recently I had a package that USPS claimed was delivered on Veteran's Day, but it didn't show up until a week later. This package wasn't from Amazon, it was from a private individual so it couldn't have been delivered on a holiday.

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 11:53:28 pm »
Agree with your comments, although the USPS was not "late", what happened was the carrier blew off the delivery.  I have a feeling he sat in his vehicle and marked all package as un-deliverable and let the regular carrier deal with it!

Agree, Ontrac has it issues, too. they NEVER ring the doorbell or knock, and one time they left two new Fire HD tablets sit off the covered porch in the rain. I ran out there immediately and chewed their butts out before they got away!

Agree, UPS and FedEx are best.

Nevertheless, this discussion is about USPS deliveries of Amazon packages.  I want Amazon to dump them so I have accurate deliveries of Amazon products, and my US Mail starts coming on time again AND correctly.  The USPS has been using more subs (and English is not even their 2nd language).  These subs continue to put mail into the wrong boxes as well as packages.  This has been going on more and more each year.

Offline jwlv

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 04:16:29 am »
Yes, all that you say is true.
This is why I started using Amazon lockers. I don't know if you have that in your area yet.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 12:44:48 pm »
Yes, we have Amazon lockers near us -- we live 20+ miles from Amazon headquarters.  A locker is not convenient for me, since I cannot see well enough to drive anymore.  Wife is the official driver.