Echo & Alexa Forums

IFTTT in the UK?

alexa

IFTTT in the UK?
« on: December 08, 2016, 06:26:27 am »
Does anyone know what has happened to the proposed IFTTT integration in the UK? It was "imminent" when the Echo launched, but afaik there's still nothing.

Anyone got any idea if/when it will happen?

JK

Re: IFTTT in the UK?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 07:12:07 am »
I'd quite like to know too...

Dasym

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 05:38:53 am »
Yes, me too.

Rill

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 03:38:05 pm »
I've managed to take advantage of this you just link alexa to ifttt and ignore the US only works fine.

JK

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 04:50:59 am »
Now available in the UK too: https://ifttt.com/amazon_alexa

Dasym

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 05:04:16 am »
Now available in the UK too: https://ifttt.com/amazon_alexa
Excellent! It works now. Thanks for the heads up.

lnikj

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 06:28:01 am »
It doesn't work for me.

When I enable the Alexa service on ifttt it takes me to amazon.com and not amazon.co.uk.  My dots are registered in the UK and thus, I think, no triggers sent to the US site get sent to my UK dots.

Can anybody confirm that they have ifttt working in the UK and, if so, whether the ifttt service is registered in the UK?

Dasym

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 06:55:15 am »
It doesn't work for me.

When I enable the Alexa service on ifttt it takes me to amazon.com and not amazon.co.uk.  My dots are registered in the UK and thus, I think, no triggers sent to the US site get sent to my UK dots.

Can anybody confirm that they have ifttt working in the UK and, if so, whether the ifttt service is registered in the UK?
I've got it working here. The connection is called Amazon Alexa (US, UK only) and when I edit the connection it takes me to Amazon.com.

lnikj

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 06:59:33 am »
Thanks for replying.

Is your echo/dot registered on the US Amazon site?

Dasym

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 07:03:41 am »
No, it's registered on the UK site.

Bobbyp659

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 07:58:27 am »
I've got it working as well. Ended up having to set it up initially from my pc butility now I can use the app

lnikj

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 10:02:55 am »
Thanks.  The amazon.com / amazon.co.uk thing must be a red herring then. I picked it up elsewhere on the web.

I don't know what is wrong then.  It doesn't matter if I add triggers from my computer, ipad or iphone, all my dot ever tells me is 'Sorry, I don't see that IFTTT trigger'.

lnikj

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2017, 12:03:53 am »
I have solved this.

The problem was, as I suspected, that IFTTT was registering with US Amazon and not UK Amazon. The solution is a strange one.

I use Safari. When I set up the Alexa service in Safari it will only let me login to the amazon.com account and rejects my amazon.co.uk credentials.

I tried using Chrome. My amazon.co.uk credentials are accepted, permission to use IFTTT appears in my UK 'Manage my Logins' section, and everything now works.