Echo & Alexa Forums

I'd like to print My Music as a list of songs I can ask Alexa for. How?

garyyoung

Re: I'd like to print My Music as a list of songs I can ask Alexa for. How?
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2016, 07:03:27 pm »
I just asked one of my Dots to play music by "Hank Williams" and it replied "Shuffling music by Hank Williams Senior".  Duh.

I just did the same. Alexa said, "Shuffling music by Hank Williams Senior," but played a song performed by Hank Williams, Jr. Did your Dot actually play a performance by Hank Williams, Sr.?

Granted, he was performing a song made famous by the original Hank Williams, but still not what I was after. Duh.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 07:06:16 pm by garyyoung »

mike27oct

« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2016, 10:24:23 pm »
>>>   I just did the same. Alexa said, "Shuffling music by Hank Williams Senior," but played a song performed by Hank Williams, Jr. Did your Dot actually play a performance by Hank Williams, Sr.?

Dunno; wasn't paying much attention, but it could have being playing songs made famous by Hank Sr.  I do recall the last line of last song played,"If you don't like Hank Williams, you can kiss our ass!"  Don't think it was sung by either Hank, and at that point I told Dot to stop.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2016, 10:27:37 pm »
By the way, you can print out of list of songs that's in your playlist. If you added songs to your playlist, then you can view that playlist on your computer and print it out.

Do you know of a way to do this other than print screen?
On a Mac....
Command+Shift+4+Shift keys.  Move the cross hairs over the area you want to print.  The "snap shot" will appear on your desktop.
Open in Preview & print from there.

HTH

RaccoonDad

I agree totally with Lennon2. I have NO idea why anyone would give her grief for such a simple request. The screenshot idea is at least a start, but I would also like to have a printout just to glance at for a choice. My memory isn't what it used to be.
    Also don't give me a hard time about myself and technology. I don't and never will own a smartphone. I'm perfectly fine with my emergency flip phone and my land line.
  BTW: I've been a computer tech for almost 20 years now and Service Manager for a photocopier dealer for 17 years before that.
  I'm just looking to print a list.......

mike27oct

Today a smartphone is minimally a "phone", and is basically a pocket computer that can also make phone calls.

Printing a long list of ANYTHING on to paper is soooo yesterday.  Use and learn the new technology or face the consequences of not doing so.  Defending the "buggy whips" of the computer age is ridiculous.

first do the followingmusic you uploaded should already be in your music or some other folder.  download any music you purchased,   the following are different ways to print

1.  once you have all your music then import the files into a music manager.  you can print your list from most music managers, including itunes.

2.   if you have excel though it looks like it can be used with most spreadsheet programs.
see the following  http://smallbusiness.chron.com/copy-list-files-windows-folder-excel-list-40032.html

3.  or you can just print from folder by - in Windows (or File) Explorer, hold down the SHIFT key as you right-click the folder. Select Open command window here. This opens the DOS-like command window. Type dir > printit.txt , then press ENTER