Echo & Alexa Forums

Uk bought....will it work in Spain?

Re: Uk bought....will it work in Spain?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 01:14:24 pm »
my problem is the app wont download because in spain, I have uk account but obviously recognising the spain ip address?

Without the app, I cant set it up, as I say my account is set for the uk, does anyone have any more advice please?

hello,
The thing is, you can install the APK, but you won't be able to enter your location, because you live in Spain, and it won't recognise your address. I have a Dot and I live in France, I can't enter my address either. When I want to know the weather where I live, I have to ask the nearest city which is Paris. Oh well... :)

chrisarvor

« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2017, 07:39:21 am »
I live outside the UK and bought an Echo
But it would not work as my amazon account was with amazon .com
Tried everything to get it to work with many hours on the phone

The location service on Echo would not allow me to access music 
Sent it back to uk and my friend with me on Face time spoke to and echo assistant and changed all my setting to Amazon .uk  and started the amazon unlimited music free trial 4 pound a month
All done and tested
Sent back to me in Bulgaria where i live works great

But i wanted it to make calls with handsfree but either the app recognizes i am outside the uk or echo does and
it doesnt work

\i have followed ther instructions but on my app i have no conversation Ballon to contact other Echo users

Appletosh

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 11:47:50 am »
Hi
i´m struggeling to find an alexa app for my spanish phone and not sure what to do with an apk ?? if any body could recommend a specific app or talk me through the specific steps i need to do ?? it would be great
thanks in advance

agoodpub

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 04:34:21 am »
Yes, I can confirm that the Echo works fine here in Spain and I am grateful to dankeohane for the suggestion to set the location to the Gibraltar post code so now at least my calendar entries appear at the correct time!   

I've had my echos set to Gibraltar postcode since I got them last year, but I've now noticed that you can put in a Spanish postcode and it works!  It now gives my local (well a couple of miles away) weather.

FentonGib

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2018, 01:08:13 pm »
Hi everyone

New here, and new to the Echo. Recently got mine and set them up - all's well (I actually am from Gibraltar and set it up without any problems, and uses my amazon.co.uk account).

However today I set it up for my mum and had problems - it doesn't recognise her Prime membership. Now the thing is that she has Prime membership with amazon.es (for delivery reasons) but we're thinking of using her Prime account to get a family account for music unlimited. Problem is that Alexa simply says she has no music  and suggests a unlimited trial.

Anyone know how I can get her Echo's to register her music library/prime account via amazon.es (I can access this via browser, but not her echo) whilst keeping her location as it is?

I was thinking that if she does get the music unlimited  family plan via es, as it allows 6 accounts that she could always "invite herself" as well as myself - and this would thus give her access via her uk account (as well as to myself)?

Thanks in advance!