Echo & Alexa Forums

Alexa voicecast not working

candk

Alexa voicecast not working
« on: December 05, 2016, 03:55:37 pm »
Voicecast was working fine last week, but on Saturday I noticed that nothing was being sent to my Fire tablet (auto-send was still enabled in voicecast settings). I restarted my Echo and my Fire tablet, but still no luck.

On Saturday, when I asked "Alexa, send that to my tablet" I would get back something along the lines that it could not send to that device, make sure it is powered up and connected to Wifi. However, the Alexa app in the tablet could see everything that the Echo was doing. In other words, they were both connected and communicating, but no voicecast was taking place.

Then, on Sunday, when I asked "Alexa, send that to my tablet" I would get back that I had no recent activity, even though I had just asked and heard my weather report.

It is obvious that the behavior was completely different between the two days. Am I the only one experiencing these problems with voicecast?

mike27oct

Re: Alexa voicecast not working
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 04:20:31 pm »
You must have a newer Fire tablet that I have.  Anyway, check your setup again to see if something is not amiss:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201601900

candk

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 09:49:49 pm »
I double checked all the voicecast settings, but still no luck. I get the same behavior from my Echo whether the fire tablet is on or powered down.

Whenever I ask for the weather, for example, and then wait for Alexa to provide the weather forecast and then ask "Alexa, send that to my tablet" I always get "sorry, there is no recent activity to send".  I have tried with various questions, but always get the same response when I ask Alexa to send it to my tablet.

Something has definitely changed on the Echo in the last few days.

mike27oct

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 10:06:04 pm »
Call Echo customer support line; number found on line.

candk

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2016, 10:35:44 am »
Yes, I am already working with the Echo technical support. No answers yet. I'll post the solution when available.