Echo & Alexa Forums

Changing pairing from phone to ipad

pinemeadows

Changing pairing from phone to ipad
« on: December 04, 2016, 06:29:52 am »
I have the world's most expensive cooking timer - Alexa.  So far, that's all she has been used for.  I intend on updating both my skills and hers, but would like to do so from my ipad.  I originally downloaded the app to my phone. 

How can I get the ipad to "see" her?  I've tried to get the "orange ring" to appear by disconnecting her from the outlet, and then having the ipad at hand...but can't seem to get her set up that way. 

My iphone is an i5 and has a very small screen - the ipad would work so much better with my "mature" eyes.

AlanH

Re: Changing pairing from phone to ipad
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 06:56:17 am »
Have you downloaded the Alexa app to your iPad?

pinemeadows

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:21:30 am »
Yes.  But it wants me to go through the setup again - and I cannot figure out how to get Alexa to cooperate with another device.

Help, please?

AlanH

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 09:59:18 am »
Go through setup exactly as you did with your iPhone. You can have the Alexa app on more than one device, or you can set up on your iPad and then delete the app on your iPhone.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 02:49:52 pm »
We use Alexa app interchangeably on both our iPhones and iPads (Even Kindle Fire tablets and Win PCs)
Install app on devices and set them up (the app needs to be configured for YOUR Amazon account on each device.)

pinemeadows

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 05:11:00 pm »
This may sound so basic, but how do I get her to show the orange ring so I can set up the ipad?

Should I delete the app from my phone first?

I must be missing something -feel really silly but can't seem to "get" this!

AlanH

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 05:15:58 pm »
You don't need the orange ring as your Echo is already connected to your wi-if router. Download the Alexa app on your iPad and go to Settings > Set Up a New Device. You don't need to delete the app on your iPhone if you don't want to.