Echo & Alexa Forums

My created harmony activities

tazman

My created harmony activities
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:40:33 am »
My echo dot seems to work fine activating the native harmony activities but if I create my own activity it does not seem to be able to trigger them. They show in the alexa app when I search for smart home items but alexa says no such device in my account. Anyone have similar experience?

Thanks
Tom

DParker

Re: My created harmony activities
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 01:50:37 pm »
My echo dot seems to work fine activating the native harmony activities but if I create my own activity it does not seem to be able to trigger them. They show in the alexa app when I search for smart home items but alexa says no such device in my account. Anyone have similar experience?

Thanks
Tom

I've not had the problem with my own custom Harmony activities, but I have Alexa accessing them indirectly via SmartThings.  I presume you're using the direct Alexa <-> Harmony integration.  If so then it might be a problem with that.  I'd contact Amazon support (sorry, I know that's something of a stock response here, but it's often your only real path to a solution).

tazman

Re: My created harmony activities
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 05:08:53 pm »
Yes I only have problems having Alexa control it directly. I use IFTTT and it works fine. Thanks for sharing your experience.