Echo & Alexa Forums

saving wifi passwords to Amazon

strayfish

saving wifi passwords to Amazon
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:30:14 am »
I'm sure I've seen this somewhere here but I can't find it - I don't seem to be able to save Echo/Dot wifi passwords to Amazon. I've ticked the box during setup but there's nothing registered on the Amazon/Alexa site which explains why I've had to keep entering it while I've been changing my router/wifi configurations. Others have mentioned saving the password as though it works for them and I'm wondering if it's a UK issue or a very local one to me.

Re: saving wifi passwords to Amazon
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 04:45:05 am »
could be you are deleting your browsers cache/history.  check your browser settings.  also there are some security programs that will delete them for you.  check your antivirus/antilmalware utilities.   

strayfish

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 06:01:33 am »
could be you are deleting your browsers cache/history.  check your browser settings.  also there are some security programs that will delete them for you.  check your antivirus/antilmalware utilities.   

Thanks, I do occasionally delete my browser cache/history when something gets stuck but I know I haven't during this issue. I'll check Norton to see if it's responsible, although it doesn't seem to delete any other web-stored passwords or info. I remember someone else here had a similar problem but of course i can't find it now!

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 04:26:06 am »
try another browser and see if you have the same issue.  if not, then there is a good chance the first time you tried to log on you typed the wrong password and that is the one that was saved. 

strayfish

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 05:00:29 am »
try another browser and see if you have the same issue.  if not, then there is a good chance the first time you tried to log on you typed the wrong password and that is the one that was saved. 

It just says 'no passwords saved' or 'no networks saved' so I'm not so sure that's what's happening but I'll take a look from another browser and see if that's different so thank you.