Echo & Alexa Forums

Changing alarm sound for existing alarms

StevenR

Changing alarm sound for existing alarms
« on: December 02, 2016, 10:02:53 am »
I am in the UK and have recently purchased an Echo Dot. The instructions I have found online say that there should be an option when editing an existing alarm to change the alarm sound. However, I don't appear to have this option. The only way I can change the alarm sound for existing alarms is to change the default sound, delete the alarm, and then recreate it. Does anybody actually have this option? I suppose it could be an option which isn't available in the UK, but it seems ridiculous that such a trivial option like this would be subject to such restrictions.

DParker

Re: Changing alarm sound for existing alarms
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 11:38:52 am »
When you tap on the alarm you want to change you should see a control for "Alarm Sound", along with the name of the current sound, right below the time editing controls.  At least that's the case with the app and U.S. accounts.  I don't know about the UK.

StevenR

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 12:36:03 pm »
This is what I see when I tap on the alarm:

I've emailed Customer Service via the app about this, but I've only had a reply thanking me for my feedback and saying that it has been forwarded to the development team.

DParker

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2016, 01:47:22 pm »
So then there does in fact appear to be a difference between the U.S. and UK versions of the app when it comes to that screen.  It sounds like you're going to have to wait for Amazon development to do something about it.

StevenR

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 10:35:33 am »
I've just checked today and it looks like they have enabled this feature now (and I can also select Computer as a wake word - I'm sure that only Alexa, Amazon, and Echo were valid choices before).

DParker

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 10:44:17 am »
and I can also select Computer as a wake word

I guess Amazon is not averse to hiring Trekkie nerds.