Echo & Alexa Forums

Google Calendar Issues

AndrewC

Google Calendar Issues
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:24:44 pm »
Hey everyone,

I recently purchased an Echo Dot (v2) and everything is working perfectly fine except the Google calendar integration.
I cannot seem to link my account through the Alexa app for some reason. I have followed all the steps laid out on the Amazon help pages but it never seems to work. It's really frustrating.
When i do it through the Alexa app it first asks me to put in my email address then verify my password and then press a button to allow access to my contacts, calendar etc. After pressing 'Allow' it takes me to the home page on the Alexa app and when I go back into my settings there is no account linked to the calendar.

Has anyone else had anything similar happen? Am I missing something obvious?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrew

dogma1992

Re: Google Calendar Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 07:11:16 am »
I think this is a bug - I thought I had the same problem with being unable to link my Google calendar with my Echo, but I've found that although there is no calendar showing in the app as linked to my account, the calendar IS actually linked and Alexa can see it perfectly well!

BillH1943

Re: Google Calendar Issues
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 06:42:07 am »
Hi everybody.
I had the same problem with the calendar setup not appearing to register. However, when I did try a calendar entry using voice recognition via the echo, it did enter all the details I gave and sent me a reminder four hours before the event.

That stated, when I opened the calendar immediately after making the voice entry the event appeared not to be stored and did not appear at any time before the event.

Very strange
Bill