Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo dot and remote

jfail

Echo dot and remote
« on: December 18, 2016, 10:38:01 am »
I have an echo dot that works great. I bought the remote control for it. It pairs perfectly with the dot but the dot does not respond. When I speak a command such as "what time is it?" the dot lights up but almost immediately sounds a "beep" and does nothing. Speaking to alexa on the dot all commands work perfectly. I un-paired the remote, reset the dot by removing the power and reconnecting. I re-paired the remote to the dot which went fine but the dot still "hears" the remote in that the light on the dot comes on but no response to commands. I am of course, pressing the mic button on the remote. Lost!!

Nubble

Re: Echo dot and remote
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 05:42:32 pm »
Almost exact thing with me. Got remote two days ago. Set up yesterday. Paired successfully. Immediately uploaded new software to support the remote. All functions work except the microphone. (Yes, I'm holding the button down while speaking.) I hear an 'up' tone when I press and hold it, then a second or two later a 'down' tone. No acknowledgement that it hears me. I've changed batteries and did a factory reset on the echo dot. No change. I put a return request in for the remote with Amazon.