Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo remote

jdeacon

Echo remote
« on: December 02, 2016, 11:47:50 am »
I bought a remote to go with my Echo. It's the version with the batteries end to end and not side by side.

The bluetooth range is a little disappointing but I was ready for that. What does surprise me is that if I forget that the remote is in my pocket and take the remote out of range, when I come back within range again, the remote is no longer connected. And there doesn't seem to be a way to connect it again other than Forget Remote followed by pairing the remote again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone found a way to connect again easily?

Offline jwlv

Re: Echo remote
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 10:05:13 pm »
I bought a remote to go with my Echo. It's the version with the batteries end to end and not side by side.

The bluetooth range is a little disappointing but I was ready for that. What does surprise me is that if I forget that the remote is in my pocket and take the remote out of range, when I come back within range again, the remote is no longer connected. And there doesn't seem to be a way to connect it again other than Forget Remote followed by pairing the remote again.

Has anyone else experienced this? Has anyone found a way to connect again easily?

I believe you have to press any of the buttons numerous times to wake up the remote and sync up again. I just press the voice button over and over until I either hear the Echo beep or the Blue light turn on.

jdeacon

Re: Echo remote
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 03:18:10 am »
I believe you have to press any of the buttons numerous times to wake up the remote and sync up again. I just press the voice button over and over until I either hear the Echo beep or the Blue light turn on.
Ah, thanks. I was giving up after two or three random button presses. I'll persevere with more.