Echo & Alexa Forums

Strange Occurrence !!!!!

Anna791

Strange Occurrence !!!!!
« on: November 19, 2016, 06:44:02 am »
I've moved my question to this section and hoping someone can help ....

Hi I am a Newbie and purchased the Amazon Echo which I set up last Monday, when I arrived home from work on Wednesday the TV was on also the fish tank lights were on ?  Has anyone else had this happen to them?  I do not have any special plugs, neither have I set anything up to be switched on.

I know it sounds crazy, nobody has a key to my house and its really freaked me out! The only thing I can think of is that somehow these things were switched on by the Echo, this has never happened before.  Is it possible that there could be some kind of security breach because really there is no other explanation.  Thanks for any help.

Offline kevb

Re: Strange Occurrence !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 11:55:38 am »
Echo can't control anything that's not "smart". Perhaps you just left them on and forgot?

AlanH

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 11:57:23 am »
Power cut? Cat? Poltergeist?

DParker

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 02:07:56 pm »
Is it possible that there could be some kind of security breach because really there is no other explanation.

As I said before, unless you have some sort of "smart" devices with which you've explicitly integrated your Alexa account then it is physically impossible for your Echo to control them.

So there is in fact some other explanation.  You just need to find it.

Anna791

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 02:21:19 pm »
Hi Thanks for some of the replies, I do not have a cat, no power cut if there was a power cut nothing would come back on as I have surge plugs, and we have to turn them on manually.  Poltergeist - I do not thing so :-[

mike27oct

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 05:23:17 pm »
I just replied in your other thread.  There ARE other explanations for this, but i am not going to go through a long list for nothing until this continues to repeat itself.  Yes, it could have been a minute and brief power "blip" that screwed up something electrically to have caused this.

Anna791

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 02:25:23 pm »
Hi
Thanks for your reply if it should happen again I will let you know

Anna

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2016, 07:14:12 pm »
I've moved my question to this section and hoping someone can help ....

Hi I am a Newbie and purchased the Amazon Echo which I set up last Monday, when I arrived home from work on Wednesday the TV was on also the fish tank lights were on ?  Has anyone else had this happen to them?  I do not have any special plugs, neither have I set anything up to be switched on.

I know it sounds crazy, nobody has a key to my house and its really freaked me out! The only thing I can think of is that somehow these things were switched on by the Echo, this has never happened before.  Is it possible that there could be some kind of security breach because really there is no other explanation.  Thanks for any help.

you may need to find an exorcist.   

Anna791

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 03:39:21 pm »
 :-[  Hi I do not think an exorcist is the answer !!!!!!