Get CPR certified in 30 minutes at CPR Test Center.
Echo & Alexa Forums

How do I get NFL game scores? How long does it take Alexa get used to my voice?

ManoaHi

This is a bit frustrating. I wanted to find football scores "orally" and not nave to look it up. The Alexa app doesn't seem to understand. Is there a trick to do this? Siri has no issue, I get the scores I want. Or does it just take time for Alexa to get used to me? Siri has had improved over the 5 years that I've used Siri. Is this the same case? Is there something that I can do to "train" Alexa (again, Siri has had that before I did about 15 minutes of training for Siri)? Something to expedite the process.

You can do Voice Training in the App if you want- that could help. Try picking a team and asking "What is the score of the Bears game?" or whatever team you want. That should work.
-Paul.

Offline kevb

You can also pick your favorite teams under "Settings > Sports Update", that may help.

mike27oct

The trick is in how you phrase the question.  I just asked it, "Who won the Seahawks game?  It answered, that on Sunday the Seahawks beat the Patriots, gave the score, and then said who the Seahawks will play this coming Sunday.