Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon musis desktop, web and app - play to Echo

Snafs

Re: Amazon musis desktop, web and app - play to Echo
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2016, 07:14:13 pm »
Staggering.

Echo just told me "sorry I can't find songs by Jean Michelle Jarre"

Moment later, I say, play songs by jean michelle jarre, to which is replies "shuffling songs by jean michelle jarre"

Kinda want you to pull your hair out at times!

Snafs

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2016, 07:17:26 pm »
Look at 50 seconds into this video:

https://youtu.be/s6EaoPMANQM

This is exactly how I feel with my echo at times, trying to get it to understand the tune I want :)

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2016, 07:17:56 pm »
It's probably having trouble with the name.
-Paul.

Beetle-Snake

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2016, 05:37:53 am »
Well, due to the confusing style of the Amazon music desktop app, it's hard to know.
Bits of it are there.
It's like the have taken the Album, tore tracks out (it's really supposed to be one long piece of music), but they have torn bits out, and have some of the ripped sections out.
Really odd.

I think it all comes down to licensing issues. The Room OST has the same problem with some tracks missing. You can get round it by either creating a playlist if the individual teacks are avalable on other albums or use your 250 song allowance to upload the album and ask Alexa to play it from your Music Library.

7oaks

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2016, 07:21:58 am »
Snafs
I tried to get Alexa to play Oxygene by Jean Michel Jarre, she played pt 17. Attempts to play the album failed. I have looked on the main Amazon.co.uk site for the album and can see that the current album has no streaming option available, although there is a new album due in December, it seems.

I guess that this is a licencing issue.

Snafs

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2016, 08:14:17 am »
Snafs
I tried to get Alexa to play Oxygene by Jean Michel Jarre, she played pt 17. Attempts to play the album failed. I have looked on the main Amazon.co.uk site for the album and can see that the current album has no streaming option available, although there is a new album due in December, it seems.

Indeed yes,
that was the conclusion I came to. they have a few random tracks from the album, which is odd in the 1st place, as it's really one long track with no gaps, and was on the LP, but of course when they put it onto CD they had to put in track breaks.
I just found it bizarre as it's such an old album, probably his 1st BIG work that most people will know some bits off, hence I would assume every service had that old album to stream.
Never occurred to me, that it would not be there complete like any old classic.
Yet it's for sale.
Yeah right, like I'm going to buy that AGAIN after buying it on LP, on CD and now Subbing to Music Unlimited ;0

I guess that this is a licencing issue.

Yes, you must be correct.
I think it was because for my Oxygene was my 1st Album from this artist and is, for me anyway, the default first main large work from him, it's almost something that I would expect every music service to just have.
Multiple decades later, I would never expect such an album to be missing due to licencing issues.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 04:11:56 am by Snafs »