Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon musis desktop, web and app - play to Echo

africadan

Amazon musis desktop, web and app - play to Echo
« on: November 15, 2016, 02:26:58 pm »
Am i missing something. On spotify i can find the song i want and play it on my echo. ON the amazon music desk top app,  iphone app or web log in. There is no way to play to the echo. If this is so this is crazy that Spotify is more amazon friendly!

It seems the way is to set up bluetooth speakers. You would think intergration would be better than spotify!
any ideas?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 15, 2016, 02:42:29 pm by africadan »

Re: Amazon musis desktop, web and app - play to Echo
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 02:42:07 pm »
The idea is that you're supposed to use your voice to call up whatever album or song you want so you don't need the App to do it.
-Paul.

africadan

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 02:43:29 pm »
Thanks Paul. Ive been using the Echo for over a month and love it. But occaisionally finding random songs is easier the old fashion way!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2016, 02:57:27 pm »
Yeah, i wish I could search for songs via the App too. I emailed Echo Support and suggested they put it in the App- you should too! :)
-Paul.

africadan

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 03:12:28 pm »
whats the email address you used? and will do the same. The spotify had great Echo intergration and Amazon app is a let down

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 03:15:50 pm »
Go into the App. In the App there's a Help & Feedback section- you can contact them via email or phone there.
-Paul.

africadan

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 03:34:30 pm »
Also would be useful to queue up music on the app or desk top to play to Echo. Again a facility i used daily on Spotify!

Kyle76

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 03:39:44 pm »
Another great feature would be that if a song comes up on the playlist, you could use the app to play that entire album.

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 04:49:23 pm »
Another great feature would be that if a song comes up on the playlist, you could use the app to play that entire album.

Great idea! I'll suggest it in an email to them. :)
-Paul.

Snafs

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 06:36:08 pm »
I would like this also

Personally, and it may just be me, or that I'm not used to it, but I find the Amazon Music program a real confusing mess, that you try some things and can't find the song, but search on different ways and they may find it

Oh, and yes, the ability to select something from the App to play on the Echo would be great.
Honestly sometimes I have to verbally fight almost with the Echo to make it understand what I'm asking for.
I say the track and the group and it can't find it, then I just try the track and it finds it by the group!

I don't like the Free/Pay/Prime/Ultimate tracks all mixed in together, it's all very messy IMHO.

A good example of, I don't know what Amazon are doing.

Jean Michel Jarre Oxygene
It's one album, all the way thru
So far, I've not been able to find a combination of words to tell Alexa to play the album Oxygene by Jean Michelle Jarre

If you look in the music app it's all spread around

If anyone can tell me, how to phrase it in such a way that Echo will play the album as it's meant to be, I'd like to know :)

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 06:39:59 pm »
I would like this also

Personally, and it may just be me, or that I'm not used to it, but I find the Amazon Music program a real confusing mess, that you try some things and can't find the song, but search on different ways and they may find it

Oh, and yes, the ability to select something from the App to play on the Echo would be great.
Honestly sometimes I have to verbally fight almost with the Echo to make it understand what I'm asking for.
I say the track and the group and it can't find it, then I just try the track and it finds it by the group!

I don't like the Free/Pay/Prime/Ultimate tracks all mixed in together, it's all very messy IMHO.

A good example of, I don't know what Amazon are doing.

Jean Michel Jarre Oxygene
It's one album, all the way thru
So far, I've not been able to find a combination of words to tell Alexa to play the album Oxygene by Jean Michelle Jarre

If you look in the music app it's all spread around

If anyone can tell me, how to phrase it in such a way that Echo will play the album as it's meant to be, I'd like to know :)

Try "Alexa, play the Oxygene album by Jean Michelle Jarre"
-Paul.

Snafs

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 07:05:35 pm »

No luck so far. I can SHOUT in the morning!
The closest I got, was I said that, and it said can't find Oxygene 17 by Jean Michelle Jarre
Tried again and it said and it said can't find Oxygene inhale by Jean Michelle Jarre in your music library
I never said 17  or inhale!

Trying more times, echo comes back with such crazy things it thinks I said.
I hate to say it, but some works, Echo is just totally bloody awful at getting right. :(
7 mics and still wrong.

I say the same thing to my PC, with the mic on my logicam webcam, and Google voice search thinks I said this:

"play Oxygen by Jean Michel Jarre"

I phrased it different for google and google got this right

"play the oxygen album by Jean Michel Jarre"

It's not playing anything on my PC as it's just pulling up a web search, but it is getting the words right.

Cortana struggles a little more with the name Jean as  guess it's a french pronounciation.

Actually I can't even find the Album Oxygen on Amazon music at all, which is crazy.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2016, 07:08:41 pm »

No luck so far. I can SHOUT in the morning!
The closest I got, was I said that, and it said can't find Oxygene 17 by Jean Michelle Jarre
Tried again and it said and it said can't find Oxygene inhale by Jean Michelle Jarre in your music library
I never said 17  or inhale!

Trying more times, echo comes back with such crazy things it thinks I said.
I hate to say it, but some works, Echo is just totally bloody awful at getting right. :(
7 mics and still wrong.

I say the same thing to my PC, with the mic on my logicam webcam, and Google voice search thinks I said this:

"play Oxygen by Jean Michel Jarre"

I phrased it different for google and google got this right

"play the oxygen album by Jean Michel Jarre"

It's not playing anything on my PC as it's just pulling up a web search, but it is getting the words right.

Cortana struggles a little more with the name Jean as  guess it's a french pronounciation.

Actually I can't even find the Album Oxygen on Amazon music at all, which is crazy.

Oh, if the album isn't on Amazon Music and you haven't added the MP3s to your account yourself then yeah it won't play it.
-Paul.

Snafs

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2016, 07:11:12 pm »
Well, due to the confusing style of the Amazon music desktop app, it's hard to know.
Bits of it are there.
It's like the have taken the Album, tore tracks out (it's really supposed to be one long piece of music), but they have torn bits out, and have some of the ripped sections out.
Really odd.

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2016, 07:12:53 pm »
Hmm.. Give Echo Support a call and let them know- I would. :)
-Paul.