Echo & Alexa Forums

Amazon Prime Music & My Library

jasonwood1985

Amazon Prime Music & My Library
« on: November 15, 2016, 05:05:44 am »
Please can someone help, ive tried amazon themselves but were not much help to be fair.
I have a echo device and have prime music, as an example there are not many songs of a particular artist i like on prime (only 2 songs) so i imported some into amazon music using some of the 250 song allowance.

if i ask Alexa "play music by [artist]" she finds the two songs in prime and plays them fine but ignores any ive imported
if i ask Alexa "play music by [artist] in my library" she plays all the ones i imported but ignores the two in prime music

is there a way i can ask to play an artist and it will play both prime and any ive imported/purchased in amazon music?

Thanks in advance

Snafs

Re: Amazon Prime Music & My Library
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 08:32:49 am »
Sorry, I can't help, but just to add that I also find Alexa, at time pretty dumb when it comes to any understanding of what I have asked for.
She/It either gets the name totally wrong, or can't find it, unless I ask in a specific way, either the artist first or the album first, or the track, or I have at time given up as she find nothing, but "play songs by *the artist*" then magically finds some.

It's annoying as if I say the same works to my PC in either Cortana or Google, they both recognize my request dead on almost 100% of the time.

I speak, I think pretty clear southern English without any accent really, so would of thought my voice should be easy to get right compared to some.

they really need to improve this. esp if the google home comes out in the UK and it's far more accurate

jasonwood1985

Re: Amazon Prime Music & My Library
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2016, 11:52:02 am »
Yeh i agree Snafs, its not too bad but sometimes does get it way wrong and starts playing something random. I think if google home was in the UK i would go for that instead.

I dont think the issue im having is not because it doesn't hear me correctly just that it wont seem to combine items in my library and prime's library which is annoying!

Amazon have got back to me and said that they dont think there is a command to do this but they have passed in on and will work on it, lets see!

i suppose the other option is to sign up to this new unlimited music then it should have more songs by that artist?