Echo & Alexa Forums

I have a question I can't find the answer to.

George Jetson

I have a question I can't find the answer to.
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:51:08 am »
I searched the web for the following question without success.  :-\

Is it possible to have 2 remotes paired to one Echo?   I have an interest is to have a remote in my bedroom and the other next to my chair in my family room.  (My Echo is between both locations)

ScarlettPhoenix

Re: I have a question I can't find the answer to.
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:52:41 am »
I have two Echos and no, I have not been able to pair both of them to the same remote. I can talk from one and only that unit which it is assigned to responds. Unless you can figure out a work around, I couldn't get it to work.

George Jetson

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2015, 09:21:35 am »
Thanks Scarlett !

fstbusa

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 09:06:25 am »
I know this is an old topic but he answered the opposite of what you wanted... you want to use 2 remotes with 1 echo... not 1 remote with 2 echos.

George Jetson

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2015, 09:50:06 am »
I know this is an old topic but he answered the opposite of what you wanted... you want to use 2 remotes with 1 echo... not 1 remote with 2 echos.

Thanks fstbusa, Yes I was asking about 2 remotes with 1 echo.  Anyone have an idea if this will work?

ScarlettPhoenix

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 04:12:38 pm »
George~

Same answer. I tried both ways and couldn't get either way to work. One remote-two echos or Two echos-one remote. I think they're linked specifically to the echo they are married to.

George Jetson

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 10:13:10 pm »
George~

Same answer. I tried both ways and couldn't get either way to work. One remote-two echos or Two echos-one remote. I think they're linked specifically to the echo they are married to.

Thank you Scarlett!