Echo & Alexa Forums

Google Home in UK

bromsman

Google Home in UK
« on: November 07, 2016, 04:12:28 am »
I have ordered a Google Home for use in the UK it will be interesting to see how it works here. I'm sure it will be like Echo was with US time and voice. Will update when it arrives in a few days

Snafs

Re: Google Home in UK
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 03:31:44 pm »
I have ordered a Google Home for use in the UK it will be interesting to see how it works here. I'm sure it will be like Echo was with US time and voice. Will update when it arrives in a few days

Ohhh, I will be interested to hear your reports, and if it will actually connect correctly in the UK.

vinceecho

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 09:51:29 am »
Set mine up yesterday having just come back from America on holiday....set it up and asked it the time, and it gave me the time in the UK....I also asked it about West Ham United, it knew the score from last Saturday's game against Stoke, and knew the next game was against Tottenham, so seems to be fairly UK familiar (despite the American accent :-) )

billgreenwood

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 04:33:31 pm »
can it tell when the spam will win a game ;)

Please keep your updates and experience coming. I aim to get one of these when they come to UK

Cheers

b.

bromsman

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 02:18:58 pm »
So Far all working well in UK had to change android phone to US English but very pleased I think it's better than Echo was when it was working here in US settings.

Snafs

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2016, 06:57:10 pm »
I'd like to know please.

The power supply?
Naturally this won't come from the USA with a UK power adaptor.
So I can see 3 possible outcome/options here.

1: You have a totally different UK power adaptor that plugs into the Google Home.

2: The official USA Adaptor will run on anything from 110v to 230v, so it's just a simple plug shape adaptor to change it to out socket shape.

3: The official USA Adaptor will only work on 110v so you need a proper USA to UK Transformer adaptor to convert UK power down so you don't blow it.

Can you please advise as I can't find details of the adaptor online

bromsman

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 04:48:55 am »
The supplied adaptor is 100 to 250 Volt 50 to 60 Hz so will be OK for most of the world all you need is a US to UK adaptor for the plug. Available for around £2 please make sure it's a fused one not a cheep Chinese un-fused one.