Echo & Alexa Forums

FAIL! Google Home

malliekm

Re: FAIL! Google Home
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2017, 04:24:27 pm »
Yay!  I know you'll enjoy it!  Ask GH...Hey Google, "Can you talk to Alexa?"  Assuming both are within hearing distance, they will talk to each other :)

mike27oct

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2017, 04:36:44 pm »
Cool, grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.  They will be just a few feet apart on separate tables, across a hall to family room; a very central location.

malliekm

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2017, 05:38:38 pm »
You will be amazed at how good she can hear.  My GH is centrally located too and hears a whole heck of a lot better than my husband hears! lol  I am 31 ft (yes, I used a tape measure) from GH.  Mostly an openish concept (straight shot).  There is a tv on, closer to GH than to me.  I just said "Hey Google" in a normal speaking voice as if the person I was speaking to was in the office with me.  31 ft away, in the dining room, GH replied. 

mike27oct

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2017, 07:59:21 pm »
Oh, goody, I can hardly wait.   :D

malliekm

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2017, 03:37:14 am »
If I hit Google home could she charged with domestic violence?   >:(   Most of the day she's been saying, "there must have been a glitch try again in a few seconds".  I'll show her a glitch!   >:(  Wi-Fi signal is excellent, the Dot sisters are working fine.  I unplugged GH for 10 minutes.  That didn't help.  I'll research to see if anyone else had problems today. If it's not better tomorrow I'll call GH text support. 

strayfish

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2017, 04:43:58 am »
If I hit Google home could she charged with domestic violence?   >:(   Most of the day she's been saying, "there must have been a glitch try again in a few seconds".  I'll show her a glitch!   >:(  Wi-Fi signal is excellent, the Dot sisters are working fine.  I unplugged GH for 10 minutes.  That didn't help.  I'll research to see if anyone else had problems today. If it's not better tomorrow I'll call GH text support. 

I got that a couple of times yesterday (June 3rd) evening. I persevered and it resolved without need of unplugging but I'll give it another couple of goes today to see.

malliekm

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2017, 12:23:59 am »
Problem started again today.  DH suggested I move GH closer to either the wifi or the extender.  Didn't need to do that.  My wifi analyzer said the signal was -45 where GH  was located and other devices further away and on the extender were working find.  So he moved it closer and there were no hiccups  ::)  Coincidence!  I moved it back to it's previous location and so far so good. 

mike27oct

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2017, 01:55:33 am »
Maybe Alexa is messin' with GH and jammin' it's radio signal?

malliekm

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2017, 07:06:01 am »
Ohhh, a conspiracy theory!  Humm, they claim to have mutual admiration for each other but talk is cheap.  Competition is heating up and all's fair in love and war ;)  I bet you're right!  There could be some jealousy goin' on too.  I have a new favorite AI.  A poster on a different site suggested Google should start a trade-in campaign.  Trade in your Echo, to them, for a GH :D

malliekm

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2017, 08:25:42 pm »
I finally got around to going to the Google forum to see what all this "glitch" stuff was about (now that it has resolved it's self).  Sure enough, it was on the Google server side.  Looks like everything is back to normal.

mike27oct

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2017, 11:24:07 pm »
Seems our alexa devices got hosed before dinner time, but it could have been Comcast.  By the time I had a chance to dink with it, it got resolved.