Echo & Alexa Forums

Playstation Vue - Cannot Disable Skill in Alexa App

mobilelawyer

Playstation Vue - Cannot Disable Skill in Alexa App
« on: February 08, 2018, 12:00:05 pm »
I am trying to get Alexa to control my Harmony Hub activities. I have issues that I am trying to get straightened out with process, but, in working to get the kinks out, this issue sub-issue has sprung up. In order to explain it, I have to give a little background on the Harmony Hub set up.

My hub is set up to control various activities around various devices. One of them is a Fire TV stick, another is an nVidia Shield, and another is a TiVo Roamio which I use for broadcast TV.

One of the skills that is enabled on Alexa is Playstation Vue. I don't remember installing it, but it is shown as one of my installed skills. If I go into my Alexa Skills, and select it, there is no option to disable it. When i was trying to get Alexa to change channel 15 on the TiVo, she told me she was changing to Channel 15 on Playstation Vue (of course, there is no "Channel 15" on Playstation Vue). I am thinking that since I do have the Playstation Vue app installed on my Amazon Fire stick, an update to that app may have installed the Playstation skill.

So, not being able to disable the skill is interfering with my ability to set up the various Harmony skills through Alexa. There is no Playstation Vue reference in any of my Harmony devices or activities, so I am puzzled as to why Alexa seems to want to send me to Playstation Vue when I have not asked her to do so.

I also have the Playstation Vue App installed on my nVidia shield. But Alexa only seems aware of the Playstation Vue app installed on the Fire Stick. Again, there is no Playstation activity or device in my set up in my Harmony Hub anywhere, but I mention this as well if it is any any way relevant.

Any guidance or insight on this Playstation Vue issue would be greatly appreciated.

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
Re: Playstation Vue - Cannot Disable Skill in Alexa App
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:00:10 pm »
I am trying to get Alexa to control my Harmony Hub activities. I have issues that I am trying to get straightened out with process, but, in working to get the kinks out, this issue sub-issue has sprung up. In order to explain it, I have to give a little background on the Harmony Hub set up.

My hub is set up to control various activities around various devices. One of them is a Fire TV stick, another is an nVidia Shield, and another is a TiVo Roamio which I use for broadcast TV.

One of the skills that is enabled on Alexa is Playstation Vue. I don't remember installing it, but it is shown as one of my installed skills. If I go into my Alexa Skills, and select it, there is no option to disable it. When i was trying to get Alexa to change channel 15 on the TiVo, she told me she was changing to Channel 15 on Playstation Vue (of course, there is no "Channel 15" on Playstation Vue). I am thinking that since I do have the Playstation Vue app installed on my Amazon Fire stick, an update to that app may have installed the Playstation skill.

So, not being able to disable the skill is interfering with my ability to set up the various Harmony skills through Alexa. There is no Playstation Vue reference in any of my Harmony devices or activities, so I am puzzled as to why Alexa seems to want to send me to Playstation Vue when I have not asked her to do so.

I also have the Playstation Vue App installed on my nVidia shield. But Alexa only seems aware of the Playstation Vue app installed on the Fire Stick. Again, there is no Playstation activity or device in my set up in my Harmony Hub anywhere, but I mention this as well if it is any any way relevant.

Any guidance or insight on this Playstation Vue issue would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried delinking the skill from Alexa web instead of the app? The app's pretty limited to date.
Echo Dot @ SG

mobilelawyer

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2018, 08:28:50 am »
I am not familiar with de-linking a skill, only disabling it, and Alexa does not give that option in the software. How do you de-link it? That may be the solution.

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2018, 05:29:26 pm »
I am not familiar with de-linking a skill, only disabling it, and Alexa does not give that option in the software. How do you de-link it? That may be the solution.

Go to Alexa.amazon.com, log in to your Amazon account and go into the skills section to see the list of linked skills and to drink those that you do not need anymore
Echo Dot @ SG