Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo as a bluetooth speaker for Samsung TV

pbroughotn

Echo as a bluetooth speaker for Samsung TV
« on: October 05, 2017, 02:10:13 pm »
I have a new Samsung UN43MU6300 which I am setting up.  I want to use the Amazon Echo as a Bluetooth speaker for the TV.

So far, each device has recognized each other but the TV won't connect to the Echo.  It posts the can't connect message on the screen a few seconds after trying.  Also, Alexa says, "Sorry, can't connect to TV 43MU6300."

Has anyone been sucessful in doing this? Please help if you can, and thanks!

Then, also: has anyone sucessfully connected a bluetooth speaker to the Samsung TVs and which one!!!  Thanks....

mike27oct

Re: Echo as a bluetooth speaker for Samsung TV
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 03:56:01 pm »
You are too new at this to even ask the right questions.  You need to learn more about your new TV (user manual) and the Echo.  You can learn more about how to operate your Echo at amazon.com, Help tab > Device Support.

Yes a bluetooth speaker can be connected to a TV with BT capability.  BUT, BT has a delay you cannot eliminate and the video and audio will be out of sync.  One solution: Get a BT soundbar instead that you can connect via WIRE to TV, and via BT from Echo so you can play from Echo to soundbar.

asianrocker

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 03:10:41 pm »
Why would you even do that? Echo speaker is way too inferior to built in samsung speaker. I don't get it.

pbroughotn

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 11:35:41 pm »
Thanks for your help~

Now I can hear the TV news in the kitchen without having the volume so loud in the other room!

Thanks again.

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2017, 01:38:12 am »
Interesting reason for wanting to do this.  It makes me wonder if our local TV news channels are being broadcast as a channel on TuneIn radio (so as to listen via an Alexa device).  I will have to explore that. Since I have Comcast cable TV and can stream it live on my iPad, I could listen to news that way on the tablet, or even send TV audio from tablet audio via BT to an Alexa device.  Sure there could be other ways, too.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 01:30:24 pm »
Interesting reason for wanting to do this.  It makes me wonder if our local TV news channels are being broadcast as a channel on TuneIn radio (so as to listen via an Alexa device).  I will have to explore that.
FWIW.....
My local news channels all have "Flash Briefing" moduals.  The actual news/weather/sport anchors are doing the talking.