Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Show accessibility options?

Echo Show accessibility options?
« on: May 14, 2017, 11:15:42 am »
It's probably too early to ask this but does anyone know if the Echo Show will let people change the size of the font and the colors to make it easier for people with low vision (like me) to see and read?

If anyone finds out as we get closer to release (or after it's been released) please reply here. Thanks! :)
-Paul.

jsr84

Re: Echo Show accessibility options?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2017, 01:35:41 pm »
I would like to know as well about the accessibility options.  I am interested in the Closed Caption for my deaf husband.

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 02:35:00 pm »
I would like to know as well about the accessibility options.  I am interested in the Closed Caption for my deaf husband.

I know that for music you play on Amazon Music Unlimited (and Prime Music too, I think) it will display the lyrics on screen.
-Paul.

Yoda_One

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 09:34:13 am »
It's probably too early to ask this but does anyone know if the Echo Show will let people change the size of the font and the colors to make it easier for people with low vision (like me) to see and read?

If anyone finds out as we get closer to release (or after it's been released) please reply here. Thanks! :)
No, there isn't an option but my wife is legal blind and you can see fair well.

Yoda_One

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2017, 09:36:47 am »
Yes in a lot of cases, one example is Wikipedia will give you both verbal and captions.