Echo & Alexa Forums

Integration with Plex

PawBuck

Integration with Plex
« on: January 29, 2018, 12:44:54 pm »
Does anyone here successfully use Echo integration with Plex? I have a huge music collection on my cloud server, where I have installed PLEX. I am supposed to be able to play my music through my Echo, and in most cases I can do that, although the integration is a little clunky.

However, I CANNOT get Echo to SHUFFLE sonds on my playlists. I can sometimes get her to play a playlist, sometimes, but I cannot get her to shuffle the songs. All she ever says is "I cannot find playlist ...".

mike27oct

Re: Integration with Plex
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 01:18:56 pm »
For the most part I can use Alexa/Plex to play from My Cloud to a FireTV stick and when I ask it to shuffle music by so-and-so it will do this.  Although I have some  iTunes m3u playlists in my same folder as the music, I get the same response as you. I think this is fault of Plex, because I have same problem even without Alex command.  I don't care, since I have other ways to play playlists from My Cloud other than via Plex.  Problem may be caused by not creating playlists using Plex.  In a lot of ways I find Plex not ready for prime time.