Echo & Alexa Forums

How to adjust the volume of the 'listening' or button press tone

echohare

How to adjust the volume of the 'listening' or button press tone
« on: February 18, 2018, 09:50:28 am »
I've been looking for a way to decrease or increase the volume of the tone that my amazon echo gen 2 makes when you you press buttons like volume up or down.

I find the tone annoyingly loud when pressing the volume buttons, especially when I'm listening quietly to something at my desk.

mike27oct

Re: How to adjust the volume of the 'listening' or button press tone
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2018, 03:57:17 pm »
Not adjustable, so get over it and move on.

Alpha Bitch

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 08:44:18 pm »
I've been looking for a way to decrease or increase the volume of the tone that my amazon echo gen 2 makes when you you press buttons like volume up or down.

Actually you do not need to press any buttons.  Just tell your device to "increase" volume plus 1 & so on to increase volume or "decrease" volume minus 4 & so on.

Offline tthoben

• Greetings from sunny Singapore!
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2018, 04:21:12 am »

I find the tone annoyingly loud when pressing the volume buttons, especially when I'm listening quietly to something at my desk.

this may be possible (have not tried it but you can try it)

access alexa via web, go into settings, choose the echo device you want, select sounds and see if any of the options can be toggled to do what you are looking for
Echo Dot @ SG