Echo & Alexa Forums

Weird problem with one of my Echo : quarter light blue ring and nothing

Hello,
I have 2 Echos and one Show in different rooms.
The Echo in my bedroom starts to act weird. Every other day, I can't tell why or when (as a matter of fact it just happened this morning while I was sitting next to my Echo), the Echo in my bedroom (and only this one) starts to light on, and then there is  only a quarter of the Echo with a light blue that's blinking. I can say things to the Echo and I get the whole ring listening to me, but no action will be taken. I can say "Alexa, volume 5", it will listen, but then I'll get the light blue blinking light.
The only thing I can do to have it back on alright is either unplug it or reset it (keeping the volume down and the mic off buttons down for 20secs) and then the Echo comes back to life and works well till... well till the light blue quarter ring comes up again and...
Do you think I should to a factory reset? I would prefer to avoid that, but...
Anyone else has that problem?

Thanx for your feedback :)

Laurel

Try turning it off and waiting a bit and then back on.  I was having trouble with my Echo Show pairing and I did that and the problem was fixed.

Try turning it off and waiting a bit and then back on.  I was having trouble with my Echo Show pairing and I did that and the problem was fixed.

Hello,
I  am turning it off, I'm unpluging it and then back up and it works. Till the problem comes back again, and then... If I'm not around, then the Echo is stucked with this quarter ring and doesn't work.

Laurel

Maybe you will have to do a factory reset? 
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201819000
I'd prefer to avoid that... But if it comes to that, then so be it, I'll do it.

Well, the problem was the Vol down button, not working anymore. So impossible to do a factory reset. Amazon has sent me a new Echo to replace it. I'll let you when I receive it :)
Oh, they have a really great chat support! Kudos!

Well, the problem was the Vol down button, not working anymore. So impossible to do a factory reset. Amazon has sent me a new Echo to replace it. I'll let you when I receive it :)

Good to know. Thanks for the update... and would be good to know if the new one is good as well.
2 Echo Dots 2nd gen
2 echo dots gen 3 (no clock) -2 Echo Dot 3rd gen with Clock
1 echo dot Gen 4 with clock
1 Echo Spot
4 10" Fire Tablets
1 15' Echo show
23 Hue Lights 1 Hue bridge - 1 Amazon Smart plug outlet
One Ring Doorbell Pro
4 cell phones with Alexa app installed!
You should see My Apple Device List!

Laurel

Thanks for letting us know. So many people don't bother to get back to us when they get a fix.

Hello again :)
Well I received my new Echo 2nd gen yesterday, unregistered the faulty one, and installed the new one. So far, so good. I'll let you know if the problem comes back, or not :) I think everything's good now, if it was really because of the Vol Down button.
Thanx for all your posts :)

P.S. : The Amazon support rocks! Very helpful, and the replacement was really fast. Kudos to them :)