Echo & Alexa Forums

Echo Dot AUX playing from one speaker (Left) only

Pyrah

Echo Dot AUX playing from one speaker (Left) only
« on: January 06, 2017, 07:25:28 am »
Sorry if this is a repost, has anyone had this issue and know a way to fix this, I've tested my speaker setup and it works fine for any device except the dot.

I can't find any settings on the alexa app to change this.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 07:32:42 am by Pyrah »

DParker

Re: Echo Dot AUX playing from one speaker (Left) only
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:08:10 am »
When testing with other devices as input, have you been using the same cable that you're using with the Dot?

mike27oct

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 02:07:05 pm »
This is a frequent problem with new Dots -- I have quite a few and most of them exhibited this at the onset.  A simple "fix":  The input plug of the new Dot is very tight and really has to be pushed in to make full contact with the 3-part jack and plug, so push it in very firmly.  Insert fully and remove a few times to break it in.

Pyrah

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 05:32:16 am »
This is a frequent problem with new Dots -- I have quite a few and most of them exhibited this at the onset.  A simple "fix":  The input plug of the new Dot is very tight and really has to be pushed in to make full contact with the 3-part jack and plug, so push it in very firmly.  Insert fully and remove a few times to break it in.

This fixed it! I thought it was pressed firmly in but maybe needed some wearing in. Thank you!

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »
I thought mine was plugged in all the way, too, and then noticed jack was not flush with the case, pressed in firmly and bingo, I felt it snap in all the way.  Glad you are set now.