Echo & Alexa Forums

Texting by voice

coyote

Texting by voice
« on: February 02, 2017, 06:10:08 pm »
In another place I already pointed out that google hangouts has a Skill. So you can text or email from Alexa.
You can also have your android phone display notifications on an android tv. Alternatively, you can have your phone or tablet read notifications out loud. So you can now text entirely by voice, without having to touch a phone or tablet.

Re: Texting by voice
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 06:30:10 pm »
why did you not post this with your other thread about this. 
In another place I already pointed out that google hangouts has a Skill. So you can text or email from Alexa.
You can also have your android phone display notifications on an android tv. Alternatively, you can have your phone or tablet read notifications out loud. So you can now text entirely by voice, without having to touch a phone or tablet.

why did you not just add this to your other thread about this???? 

coyote

Re: Texting by voice
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 09:19:08 am »
why did you not post this with your other thread about this. 

why did you not just add this to your other thread about this????
Because this is a "tip or trick" vs mere information. Ya gotta admit, texting without ever touching a phone or tablet is quite tricky.

8)