Echo & Alexa Forums

Not finding Spotify playlist

purpledragonuk

Not finding Spotify playlist
« on: March 11, 2018, 07:41:02 pm »
Hi all - newbie here - I got a new Echo gen 2 today, got it all set up and apparently working fine... until I ask Alexa to play my chillout playlist.  I have searched for the entire afternoon and found various suggestions but nothing works.  I have verified my amazon account is set to UK as is my Echo and Spotify account.  I have Spotify set as my default music selection.  I have deactivated everything and unpaired and re-set it all back up.  I have a couple of playlists that I've set up in Spotify, various names and Alexa either plays something similar sounding or she says she can't find a playlist of that name.
I can go in to Spotify directly and play my playlist but that kind of defeats the object doesn't it?!

Any suggestions?? Thank you!  :)

Drwoodr

Re: Not finding Spotify playlist
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2018, 10:45:45 pm »
How are you asking Alexa for the playlist? Even though you set Spotify as your default music selection, I think you still need to specify “play chillout playlist on Spotify”. That’s how I always start my playlists, and I just tried one without saying “...on Spotify” and she couldn’t find it.

purpledragonuk

Re: Not finding Spotify playlist
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 03:43:18 am »
Hi - thanks and yes I’ve tried “play xxx playlist on Spotify” and “play my xxx playlist on Spotify” and other variations  :'(