Echo & Alexa Forums

What is Alexa doing?

Tumbliboo

What is Alexa doing?
« on: March 06, 2018, 08:40:50 am »
About a month ago my Echo turns on from 12;30 am to 1:30 am.  During that time, the blue light on top keeps spinning and making this weird sound and repeats it the whole time.  I asked Alexa what she was doing and she replied that she was “answering questions and learn more things”. This activity repeats every night.  What’s going on with Alexa?  Does this happen to anyone else out There?

Offline kevb

Re: What is Alexa doing?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 09:28:32 am »
It could be trying to update, or it may have disconnected from your wifi. Does your router reset itself at the same time?

Tumbliboo

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 12:51:03 am »
No, everything is fine during and after this activity.  I’m thinking she is downloading something.  It happens at the same time every night...like it’s scheduled.  I was hoping to find out if I can change the time this happens.  The sounds are low but it never ends during this hour.  I like to sit and read during this time,  so the sound get very annoying.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 01:50:48 am by Tumbliboo »

Tumbliboo

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 01:07:55 am »
I was hoping to get some technical support with this problem.  Is no one else having this activity happening to their Echo?  I made a video of this happening to Alexa but I Can’t figure out how to post it.  Is that possible? I would really like some help with this problem. 🙄

mike27oct

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 02:27:35 am »
Maybe no one has had the problem and/or knows.  I sure as heck don't!
Other than telling you that when a device acts weird to turn it off and turn it back on.  Meaning, unplug the device for FIVE minutes and then plug it back in.  If problem is gone, then you FIXED it!  If not, do what others do, and that is to contact the Amazon support phone number.  Google to find it.

strayfish

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2018, 03:54:46 am »
Just to add to the database - no, I haven't had that on any of my devices. I'm in the UK, if that helps.