Echo & Alexa Forums

Can't get Alexa to hook up to anything.

wrrush

Can't get Alexa to hook up to anything.
« on: February 12, 2018, 10:04:29 pm »
I just got my new Echo Dot hoping to have it control my logitech harmony hub along with my vivint security system with my nest thermostats. I got alexa set up and it seemed to work fine doing things like giving me the local weather and playing songs. I have my harmony hub working great through the harmony app on my galaxy S7. I found the skill for harmony on the alexa app and linked it to my harmony account and it said it was linked. When I try to have it discover devices it says it cannot find the smart hub. I looked on the app and didn't see where alexa found it. I tried resetting the echo a couple of times in case I did something wrong and it does the same thing every time. I can normally figure this stuff out but this one has thrown me for a loop. Any help from you experts would be appreciated very much. I did talk to someone at amazon about my problem but that was a waste of time.  Thank you very much in advance.

dragon123

Re: Can't get Alexa to hook up to anything.
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 10:37:03 am »
What country are you in, what country is your alexa account set to, what country is your harmony set to, is your phone language set to english?